April 2023 Monthly Report
Our preliminary results for April can be found in the PDF at the end of this post.
Please check back soon for the full interpretation of our April data.
- The median fentanyl concentration found across all drug categories was 10.3%
- Carfentanil was found in 7 expected opioid-down samples with a median concentration of 1.13% and a maximum concentration of 5.25%
- Benzodiazepines and/or etizolam were found in 39% (184/471) of expected opioid-down samples
- Bromazolam, the most common benzo found within opioid-down, was found in 146 down samples with a median concentration of 2.8% and a maximum concentration greater than 80%
- Xylazine was found in 17 samples (16 expected opioid-down, 1 “unknown”) with a median concentration of 0.3% and a maximum concentration of 25.2%
- Opioids were detected in 8 samples expected to be cocaine base (hard/crack). One sample (from Port Alberni) contained cocaine and fluorofentanyl, while the other 7 samples (x3 from Duncan, x4 from Victoria) did not contain cocaine. These seven were found to be opioid-down samples with a median fentanyl concentration of 0.7% and a maximum concentration of 15.4%
Want to be notified when we release these reports? Join our mailing list to receive updates about when our reports are out. You can subscribe and unsubscribe yourself from this list at any time.
As always, send us feedback at email@example.com on how we can continue to offer our drug checking results in a useful way.